You are here
- Artificial Intelligence Molecular Screen (AIMS) Awards
Artificial Intelligence Molecular Screen (AIMS) Awards
Monday, December 9, 2019 - 5:00pm
The AIMS Awards were created to harness AI technology to facilitate and encourage drug discovery for all scientists.
What will awardees receive?
AIMS Awards provide researchers with the following at no cost:
- customized virtual screen of chemical compounds* using AtomNet™;
- ~72 small molecule compounds predicted to bind to their selected protein;
- compounds that can serve as controls, if available;
- ordering of compounds from suppliers, resuspension and dilution to a convenient concentration and aliquoted onto microtiter plates, QC verification by mass spectrometry, and delivery to the researcher’s lab;
- randomized “blinding” of compounds;
- support from Atomwise medicinal chemists and computational biologists; and
- additional chemical compounds and support if criteria are met.
What types of projects are likely to win an award?
Project topics can be in any area, including agriculture, animal health, biotechnology, human biology, medicine, microbiology, plant biology, and virology.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must be a Principal Investigator. Research scientists, graduate students, or postdoctoral researchers can apply for the AIMS Award on behalf of or with the approval and support of a Principal Investigator; in these cases, the applicant with responsibility for the performance of the project must still be the Principal Investigator. The research must be performed at a non-profit university or research institute.
Please submit a non-confidential application at http://www.atomwise.com/aims-awards/. Additional information is in the attached documents.