You are here
- Cyclica Academic Partnership Program
Cyclica Academic Partnership Program
Cyclica is an AI-based drug discovery company that has developed a structure-based, AI-augmented in silico drug discovery platform. CAPP is an opportunity for academic investigators to apply for in-kind access to Cyclica’s drug development platforms. The program offers two types of awards:
Ligand Design Award: to generate novel compounds for your target of interest
- Investigator provides target information (under CDA as appropriate).
- Ligand Design platform designs novel small molecules against the target with optimized ADMET and physicochemical properties.
- Cyclica provides chemical structures to the investigator for experimental validation.
- Award duration depends on project, but typically 6-12 months.
- Cyclica and Columbia share new IP.
Ligand Express Award: to uncover polypharmacology of your small molecule
- Investigator is granted access to Ligand Express platform to screen small molecules against human proteome, with training and support from Cyclica Scientists.
- Platform generates ranked list of predicted protein interactions.
- Award duration is three months, with possibility of extension.
- Columbia retains IP.
- Generates novel compounds for drug development (Ligand Design).
- Identifies predicted protein interactions for MOA elucidation, lead prioritization, and drug repurposing (Ligand Express).
- Potential for funding through grant co-applications with Cyclica.
- Support from Cyclica Scientists during the project.
- Opportunity to publish results from the project.
- Commercialization opportunities through joint ventures with Cyclica and/or out-licensing.
- Applicants should have full-time Columbia University faculty appointment.
- The program is open to projects in all disease areas.
- For the Ligand Express award, applications will be selected primarily based on the applicant’s capabilities to experimentally validate results obtained from the Ligand Express screening.
- For Ligand Design award, applications will be selected based on research question and applicant’s capabilities to interrogate novel small molecules experimentally for therapeutic effects.
To apply, please send a non-confidential summary (1 page max.) of your project to email@example.com describing:
- Disease area(s) of interest
- Whether structural information is available for your target (Ligand Design) or compound (Ligand Express)
- Research questions that you would like to answer using Ligand Express or Ligand Design
- How you plan to validate results generated by Ligand Design or Ligand Express
Selected projects will be discussed further with the Cyclica team with confidentiality agreement in place as appropriate.