Financing Your Startup: All Money is Not Equal
Securing financing is a significant challenge for any startup, but an understanding of the path to financing and common pitfalls you may encounter along the way will pay off in the long term. In this info session with Stephen Davis of Goodwin Procter LLP, we will cover:
- Pros and cons of different financing models for small business and startups, including SBIRs, STTRs, angel, seed, and VC A rounds;
- The ways the negotiations will typically unfold;
- The role of the lead investor;
- The timeline for financing discussions;
- The most common points of failure along the way.
Register below. Lunch will be served!
Steve Davis, a partner in the firm’s Business Law Department, is a member of the Technology Companies Group and the Life Sciences, Capital Markets, and Clean Tech Practices. He has extensive experience in several areas of corporate practice with a focus on venture capital, corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and corporate counseling. Mr. Davis is a key contributor to the Goodwin Procter Founders Workbench, an online resource for start-ups, emerging companies and the entrepreneurial community. Mr. Davis also serves as an adjunct professor at Columbia Law School in Start-Up Law and is a Lecturer in Venture at the Columbia Business School. Mr. Davis joined Goodwin Procter in 2008.