NextGen Cleantech 2018
Overview: NextGen Cleantech is a night of cutting edge innovation that will feature pitches from the newest awardees as well as showcases from alumni of PowerBridgeNY and NEXUS-NY. Stop by to see promising and innovative ideas that will help solve some of the most important issues affecting our climate, water, energy, waste, and transportation
- William McDonough is an architect and a globally recognized leader in sustainable design development. He was the inaugural chair of the World Economic Forum’s Meta-Council on the Circular Economy and currently serves on the Forum’s Global Future Council on the Future of Environment and Natural Resource Security. McDonough is co-author of Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things (2002), and its follow up, The Upcycle: Beyond Sustainability-Designing for Abundance (2013). His vision for a future of abundance for all and “waging peace through commerce” is helping companies and communities think differently.
- Kyle Teamey is an investor and company builder at Breakthrough Energy Ventures and former investment Principal at In-Q-Tel (IQT). Previously, Kyle was CEO and co-founder of Liquid Light (acquired 2016), a company developing technology to make materials from carbon dioxide. While at Liquid Light, Kyle built the team, raised $25 million to finance operations, closed development agreements with Coca-Cola and BP, co-invented the core technology, and propelled the company to leadership in the CO2 utilization space. He also serves as an Executive in Residence for Columbia Technology Ventures and is an advisor or board member for multiple companies and organizations supporting entrepreneurs.
- 5:30PM - Startup Showcase & Networking
- 6:15PM - Speakers
- 7:25PM - Startup Pitches
- 8:15PM - Networking Cocktails & Hors D'oeuvres
- PowerBridgeNY is a proof-of-concept center based in New York City and Long Island, funded by NYSERDA. Or mission is to commercialize university-based technology into scalable, cleantech solutions that will power the future. We fund researchers from our 6 partner universities: Columbia University, NYU, CUNY, Stony Brook, & Brookhaven National Labs.
- NEXUS-NY empowers New York clean energy researchers with funding, business assistance and market readiness support funded by NYSERDA. We are an accelerator program which operates at the earliest stage of the entrepreneurship spectrum. We help entrepreneurially minded scientists by providing business know-how, resources, and connections.
- Shell is an international energy company that aims to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. Our open innovation programs seek to partner with creative people, companies and organizations from diverse backgrounds to innovate new and better ways to unlock energy sources and meet the growing world demand. More specifically, Shell’s GameChanger program works with start-ups and businesses on unproven early-stage ideas with the potential to impact the future of energy. We provide companies with support, expertise and seed funding, while they maintain the independence to make their own decisions. Shell GameChanger has interacted with more than 5,000 innovators around the world, helping them turn more than 150 ideas into reality. We are ready to take a chance on yours.