Sanofi iAwards: Call-for-Proposals
June 21, 2019
Sanofi, a global biopharmaceutical company, is pleased to announce its 5th call for iAward pre-proposals. To date, the iAward program has attracted approximately 900 pre-proposals of which 230 have been invited back as Detailed Proposals. The program has a 10% funding rate and a fourth of all funded iAwards progress to become sponsored research agreements with additional funding.
The deadline for submission of pre-proposals is June 21, 2019.
- Areas of interest: Oncology, Immunology, Rare Diseases & Neurology, Diabetes & Cardiovascular and Gene Therapy
- Priority will be given to early stage therapeutics, noveldisease targets, mechanisms and screening assays, new disease relevant animal models, biomarkers and technologies that improve drug discovery and development
- Out-of-scope areas: Clinical research, devices, exploratory genomics and target identification approaches
If selected for funding, Sanofi will provide:
- $125,000 research funding (including institutional indirect costs) for 12 months
- Sanofi scientific expertise, dedicated project management support and a scientific champion
- In-kind resources such as reagents, tool compounds, etc., if deemed necessary to advance the project
- Successful projects could be converted to SRAs and receive additional funding for 2-3 years
Call for pre-proposals
Sanofi is requesting pre-proposals from academic investigators at participating institutions in multiple therapeutic areas including, immune-oncology, molecular oncology, immunology & inflammation, rare diseases, neurosciences, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
A copy of the pre-proposal template and additional information on therapeutic areas of interest are attached in the "Related Documents" sidebar. Only the JSSC and select members of Sanofi and your Institution will have access to your pre-proposal. However, information in the pre-proposal is NOT considered confidential and therefore unpublished information should not be disclosed in the pre-proposal. Proposals with third party collaborators other than those from partner institutions within the iAwards Program will not be considered.
Please limit your completed pre-proposal to two pages, excluding publications.
Please email your completed pre-proposal to email@example.com.
Sanofi iAwards General Timeline
|Submission of completed pre-proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org||June 21|
|Notification by Sanofi of pre-proposals chosen to be pursued as Detailed Proposals||August 12|
Completion and submission of Detailed Proposals to your Institution
JSSC meets to review Detailed Proposals
Institution informed of JSSC funding decisions