RTW Charitable Foundation Research Grant Cycle
Wednesday, May 31, 2023 - 5:00pm
The mission of the RTW Charitable Foundation is to power rare-disease research, medical innovation, and humanitarian collaborations to improve the health of underserved communities. The focus of our Research Grants is to support work aimed at developing therapeutics for ultrarare diseases. We are proud to announce our Request for Proposals for the 2023 RTWCF Research Grant Cycle.
Criteria and Eligibility
Our 2023 Grants will provide up to $150,000 for one year to support translational projects that bridge the gap between proof-of-concept studies in animal models and preclinical safety/toxicology studies. Our Request for Proposals is open to:
- Any scientists or clinicians affiliated with a higher-education research institution or healthcare organization anywhere in the world (projects led by patient organizations are also welcome)
- Diseases that affect fewer than 2000 patients worldwide (monogenetic, life-threatening conditions affecting fewer than 300 patients worldwide preferred)
- Diseases for which no commercial drug-development programs exist
- Projects in any therapeutic area
- Projects that involve any clinically validated therapeutic modality (gene-replacement and antisense oligonucleotide-based therapies preferred)
- Projects for which there is evidence that the proposed therapeutic modality works in an animal model (or in another suitable system)
Requirements and Deadlines
Applicants are invited to submit a Letter of Intent to help the RTWCF decide if the project falls within the purview of this Request of Proposals. This Letter of Intent must include the following information:
- Contact details
- Proposed Project:
- Disease in question
- Incidence and/or prevalence
- Affected gene or proposed target
- Therapeutic area
- Therapeutic modality
- Stage of drug development
- Has proof of concept for the proposed therapeutic modality been achieved?
- Approximate funding requested
- A 200-word summary of the proposed research
- Any additional information that may help the foundation evaluate the proposal
Letters of intent will be received until May 31, 2023. Successful applicants will be promptly invited to submit a full proposal, which will be due on July 31, 2023. Funding decisions will be announced on September 29, 2023.
More info here. Any question related to this request for proposals should be sent to [email protected].